Monday 1 November 2010

SOME TIMES I WONDER IF I REALLY AM GAY!


"I don’t wear pointed shoes, I don’t rate Kylie or Madonna or listen to pop music, I detest G-A-Y. I don’t look like a fashion disaster when I come out of my house and think I look fabulous or feel the need to conform to gay trends. People can’t work out whether I’m gay unless I tell them. I don’t pretend to be something I’m not and I can actually laugh at myself before others. I don’t live in a pretend world or scared to venture some where totally straight. I don’t have tribal tattoos or worse still stars! I don’t feel the need to throw dramas or say really hurtful things to people to make myself feel better. I think with my brain not my dick and I know what the word monogamy means. I can count the relationships I’ve had on one hand and all of them have lasted a lot longer than 2 weeks. I don’t need to lie to make my life sound better. I’m not as shallow as a puddle, I know that some people can be pretty on the outside and pig ugly on the inside. I don’t expect things I couldn’t provide for myself or need to ride someone else’s wave. I read the sun newspaper I don’t try to use big words. I will talk to anyone even if I don’t fancy them. I know how to play pool! I’m not afraid to stand up to a lesbian and I don’t have a fag hag. I don’t care what other people think of me its what I think of myself that really matters. The only reason I know I’m gay is because I sleep with men and that's good enough for me." (Anon)

Editor note: I saw this piece posted in a Gumtree ad and I was very taken by it.  There wasn't a writer credit but I will happily credit it if the author can identify himself.

1 comment:

curiousbear said...

i am from india.and just stumbled onto this site.but you cd be me!!!except the colour of your skin and the fact that i dont play pool!!i am 57, single ,and hv just realised that iam maybe gay...and in the closet largely.it felt gud reading yr lines.thanks.it maybe late but i am just grateful that i sorted out my own riddle.